“Growth Through Excellence”
Liden Academy provides a learning environment that opens up the world and takes the pupils on a journey to discover and challenge their thinking.
- We aspire to ignite a passion for life-long learning.
- To develop great thinkers who embrace challenges
- Promoting curiosity, enthusiasm and independence
- We provide opportunities for all pupils to develop skills, knowledge and an understanding of how they can become life-long learners
- Striving for challenge and excellence through a creative and inclusive curriculum
- We aim to create confident independent individuals who take responsibility for their actions and understand their role in our community and the world they share with everybody
- Valuing everyone as an individual and encouraging respect for others
- Liden Academy is a place where all can grow, achieve and aspire within a safe and caring atmosphere of teamwork, support and cooperation.
Some of the values we hold close to our hearts at Liden are:
At Liden Academy values are very important. They are the things we believe in that help us to make decisions about how to behave. They are the principles that guide our lives. Commonly held values include thoughtfulness, respect, trust, love, friendship, sharing, courage. There are lots more values and many overlap. Some values are quite tricky to understand and difficult to do every day; others are easier to spot and simpler to do.
We look at values in detail so that we all have the words to describe them to each other and know how to spot them in ourselves and in others. We will celebrate when people are showing values – by sharing them in celebration assembly, every day with caught cards, sharing with parents by sending notes home. We are sure that parents will help our children to understand values at home and will celebrate with them as appropriate.
It’s not just children who need to learn about values, adults have to think about them too and sometimes need to remind themselves to slow down and think about what is really important to them. Adults at Liden will be trying to live the values at the same time as the children: that way we can all learn together.
Thinking about values is not just something that helps us to learn when we are younger; it is a set of tools that we will carry with us all our life. Understanding values will help us to make difficult decisions even when we are grown-up. To feel valued is a special thing and something we want to make sure everyone experiences at Liden.